Thursday, March 24, 2011

Quick morning sketch, flag monster #creaturedesign




No time! More about this later.

EDIT:
Weird idea after the break:


Okay. So. I live across from a public school where there is a ginormous American and Washington flag on display. When the wind blows, you can hear the hoisting cable clanging against the flag pole, a pretty distinct sound.

Well, today, I was walking Cyrus and I thought I heard the same sound elsewhere... where there was NO FLAG. Long story short, my imagination took me to this thought: what if there were predatory creatures that lurked our neighborhoods, and were evolutionarily adapted to their suburban habitats?

So I got this idea for a creature design series of these types of creatures. The flag monster is like.. a carnivorous chameleon glider that disguises itself as flags and stalks its prey from the perch of flag poles and such. Movement design will include billowing and draping like a hung flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment