Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tribute sketch, Happy 94th Birthday, #Will Eisner!


Now I enjoy comics, graphic novels, or whatever you'd like to call them. However, I wasn't a huge comic book collector or fanatic, so my familiarity with actual artists is limited. When I wrote a few research papers about sequential art, however, I did take great interest in Will Eisner's work. While my line art is nowhere as precise as his, I do consider Eisner's aesthetic to be one that's I constantly use as a point of reference.

His body of work --both as a writer and a draftsman-- is incredible, inspiring and moving at times, and his expository works on sequential art methodology is essential for anyone who pursues narrative illustration.

Mr. Eisner: you, sir, are sorely missed. The least I could do was a 20 minute tribute sketch  -- even if the resemblance is minimal at best.


No comments:

Post a Comment